Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Remaking That Vintage Quilt I Found at the Thrift Shop....

I found this beautiful vintage quilt at the thrift shop a couple weeks ago. It's in need of some repair but only on a few blocks. I love the block the maker used. I asked on IG if anyone knew the name. I haven't been able to find this exact block so if you happen to know I'd love to hear from you! I have already figured out the measurements to remake it. I'll share them here in another post. After examining the quilt I found that the quilt top is hand-pieced which made me love it even more.

Some of the fabrics in the quilt are so pretty! It's a lot of fun to see them all. I thought it was funny that I pinned a couple of quilts that look similar to this one weeks ago. Then found this one at the thrift shop. I didn't even realize how similar the block style is until I was looking through my quilting board a few days ago to find a different quilt I had pinned.

I'm going to remake this quilt and I'm really excited about it! This is a test block I made. For the actual quilt I'm going to use a FQ bundle of Milk, Sugar & Flower by Elea Lutz that I got from Simply Sweet Fabric. I'm planning on using Kona Ice Frappe for the parts that are solid purple in the quilt. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'll be hand piecing the center of the block and will machine piece the rest of it.

I had to get another shot of the Milk, Sugar & Flower bundle before I open it up and start cutting. Deep breath...those bundles are so hard to open!

I hope all is well where you are. I have been off Instagram for over a week, not by choice, but an issue with our wifi router again. I'm hoping the new piece comes this week. We'll see.

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin

11 comments:

Kelly O. said...

what a wonderful project! I'll be excited to follow along!

vintage grey said...

Love that quilt and your sweet sewing space!! Your block turned out beautiful! Hope you get your wi-fi router soon! Have a blessed week dearest! xo Heather

audrey said...

Really lovely blocks! So great to hear that you're remaking it. So fun to use it for inspiration on your own quilt too.:)

Kylie said...

Looking forward to watching this one come together, Erin! It's a beautiful blocks and you've chosen such pretty fabrics for your new quilt :)

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Your test block is beautiful! This will be great made in Milk Flower Sugar!

Sherry said...

This is a beautiful quilt and it is great that you plant to restore it. I love the fabric bundle you are using.

agnes said...

What a pretty block! Looking forward to seeing your progress! I love where you store your FQ bundles!

KMSC said...

I love your block! Would you be willing to share the pattern for the block with your followers in a tutorial? Thanks!!

Sewn With Grace said...

I love everything about this! I cannot wait to see your progress on this quilt. Everything you make is gorgeous and I know this will be a stunner as well!

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to some specifics on how to make the great block in your Tuesday, March 24, 2015 post. Love it! Cheryl

mediakath said...

What has ever happened with this project? I have a 1930s quilt that I am starting to restore/remake for my sister's 60th bday next year...it was hers as a child and very ragged!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...